Sunday, November 20, 2005

I'm a music nerd... but this is funny!

Alright this happened about a week ago, but it is such a great story I decided I had to share it. However, reader beware: this is definitely an "I'm a music nerd" kind of joke... You've been warned.

So my younger sister Jess is taking a music appreciation class at Oregon State. First of all I think its hilarious that she's in that class. I remember poking fun at the kids in that class back when I was an undergrad. Don't judge, you know you did it too. Anyway, so she called me late last Monday evening because she was studying for an exam and had a few questions. A little background. She has a multiple choice question but wasn't sure of the answer.

Jess: Alright here's the question: Given the following information, which answer is NOT correct. (the info given was basically the top of the first page of Mozart's Symphony 40 in g minnor, giving the title, composer, key, and tempo marking...)

Noah: alright...

Jess: The first option is "this is Mozart's 40th symphony"... that's what 'Symphony 40' means right?

Noah: Yes, that's right

Jess: OK, the next one: "the piece is in the key of big 'B' little 'B' major"

Noah: Key of what?

Jess: Big 'B' little 'B' major.

Noah: You mean B FLAT major?

Jess: oh... yeah

Noah: And it said the piece was in g minor right?

Jess: Right, okay...

The questions continued, but none were nearly as exciting as that. I still laugh out loud when I think about it. Anyway, I figured I had to share this story with as many people as possible. Yet more proof that we musicians occupy a world all our own and God bless anyone brave enough to venture in for a look around.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darth Larry said...

what would she have said if it was in C#? Big C tic-tac-toe sign?

hahaha.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Darth Larry said...

stop doing so duku and make a blog entry! hahahahaha

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home